Monday, 1 September 2014

Robin Hood Reimagined - Robin Hood



This is a personal project I'm working on in my spare time. I used to do themed projects back in school, and they were my favorite projects to work on. This time round I'm attempting to reimagine my own version of Robin Hood.

I want to portray Robin as a charming, agile and cheerful character. He hides under his green hood and blends in the woods, helping the poor by robbing the rich nobles who pass through his territory.
I would love to develop the other characters revolving around him and explore the world he lives in.

Some sketches and thumbnails before I decide to finalise the design.

In the beginning I wanted to have a little bit of Japanese culture influence to the costume. Also deciding on the age and height for him. Did some color variations as well, but midway I realised that he was starting to lose his identity, and decided to make him green to blend well with his surroundings. 

Check out my friend Freakyfir's works! He is also working on a similar project, involving Aladdin.

No comments:

Post a Comment